The corrosion of aluminum /
Fields of application of aluminum
The fields of applications of aluminium are varied, from packaging to aeronautics and space. This is possible because there are several families of aluminium alloy with different properties and with many alloys in each.
There is therefore some specialisation of alloys according to the area of application. The same applies to corrosion of aluminium.
For each area of application, a corrosion expert will know of any corrosion risks and how to counter them by:
- the judicious choice of aluminium alloy and its metallurgical state,
- the choice of basic aluminium products : cast, laminated, drawn, etc.,
- the most suitable method of assembly,
- control of contact with other metals to prevent galvanic corrosion of the aluminium,
- protection for the aluminium,
The main areas of application concerned are :
- ground equipment
- terrestrial transport
- heat exchangers
- renewable energy
- electrical construction